1. Snow today. Yes-snow. Fortunately it was all gone and completely sunny by lunch time. And even better, the sun is supposed to be out tomorrow. All I can say is that we live in a very temperamental area. And we wear lots of layers.
2. I love Trader Joe’s. Really, seriously do. Shopping there feels like a vacation. Maybe that’s an indication that I need a vacation? Well, all I can say is that I always find exciting things there and I always want to take home an arm load of fresh flowers.
3. Clean sheet night is my favorite night of the week. It’s even better this week because my sweet and amazing friend let me use her dryer today. She totally made clean sheet night possible. And a week without a dryer has made me realize that if I had to choose for a major appliance has to break I’d always, hands down pick the dryer. A drying rack works well, and a clothesline gets the job done. But, I’m really glad that thing should be operational tomorrow.
4. Sometimes I use mean words. I’ve been talking to the kids a lot about using words that feel like hugs, not hits. Who doesn’t love a big, wonderful hug? What would life be like if everything we said felt like a big, wonderful hug? I’d take a hug over a punch in the nose any day. So why is it that I’m telling my kids this all day long, but am having such a hard time practicing it myself? It’s been a real challenge, and I want better words for my kids and my husband, and everyone else around me for that matter.
5. And speaking of my husband, we have this strange thing of always wearing very similar clothes. It usually happens at church. He leaves before me, or while I’m in the shower so I don’t really get a look at him. Then I get to church in khakis and a blue shirt, only to see he’s wearing khakis and blue shirt. It’s been like this for awhile. So either we’ve got really good taste in clothes, or we’re turning into one of those married couples. You know the ones who look alike, sound alike and all? I guess it’s not that bad, as long as I don’t grow hair like he does and end up six foot six. Here we are today, matching brown shirt Friday, it’s also give your seven year a turn with the camera Friday. I guess we have nothing better to do when it snows.
And with that I’m off, this weekend I’ll be busy using words that feel like hugs and praying for less snow, more sun.
How about you?